Monday, May 10, 2010

God, I Need You...

Due to something that shall go undiscussed, I find myself in a familiar place...clutching my rosary like a life preserver. I call it "epic rosary" because it's much bigger than the cute little ones with the smooth, pretty beads. It's made of green cubes connected by grey chain links. My parents ordered it from Ireland when I made my confirmation in my junior year of high school (a story for another day). But anyway, it's helped me feel close to God in some dark times...

When I feel broken and devalued, I remember that I am valued as a daughter of God, and He will never betray me. I remember that fear and anxiety must be combatted by the hope that God brings. I really can't put into words how I'm feeling right now...but I do know that I can't get through it alone. I'm not strong enough.

"Hold My Heart" by Tenth Avenue North

One tear in the driving rain,
One voice in a sea of pain,
Could the maker of the stars,
hear the sound of my breaking heart?
One light, that's all I am,
right now I can barely stand...
If you're everything you say you are,
won't you come close, and hold my heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment