Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dear TCNJ


I've been grappling with what to say to you these past few days, and here we are. Our last night living together. As much as you've done for me, I do not regret my decision to keep our relationship purely professional from now on. You took me in as a scared, broken girl and spit me out as a woman in the space of a few short months, but I really can't give you all, if any, of the credit, because I've realized something in the past few weeks...God would have been with me during *that* time regardless of whether I was at TCNJ or Sarah Lawrence, but He knew that I would be better off here. I had a lot of great friends placed in my life that I will be forever grateful for, many of whom have fallen away, a fact that has left a lasting wound on my heart. I blamed you, TCNJ, for that, but I know it's not your fault that people change. The truth of the matter is, I sat at dinner alone tonight and I'm sitting alone now, in my empty room. The past is gone, and it's time to move on and let go. I've lost a lot of friends over the years, and I thought that it would be different this time. Home is where the heart is, and TCNJ, my heart is no longer here with you. I'm going back to West Deptford, and I've been seeing someone else, UPenn, for quite some time. He's much hotter than you. Sorry, that was out of line. Thanks for the memories, I'll try to remember our relationship for the good times rather than the bad. You helped me to foster a deeper relationship with Christ than I have ever had in my life, and for that I can never thank you enough. I will highly recommend you to anyone searching for an alternative college experience.

Love, Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment