Friday, July 16, 2010

My First "Ticket"

I feel like I should commemorate this moment. I got pulled over for the first time today, making an illegal left from Collings Ave onto 130 on the way home from PATCO. *Sigh*. I'm actually surprised by how well I held it together, my heart was beating kind of fast but I didn't lose all feeling in my arms and legs like I did when a cop flashed me out of the fast lane on 295 one time. Lucky for me, it's the middle of the month and the cop was a sweetheart about it. I did the slightly pathetic but not overdone puppy-dog eyes and called him "sir" and everything, and he commended my good driving record and let me off with a warning. Other than my run-in with the antique Camaro's bumper in high school (which did not result in a run-in with the po-po, thank God), I've managed to avoid police attention on the road for 3 and half years, which isn't too bad. And I didn't get a ticket this time, so as far as I'm concerned it still doesn't count :P

No comments:

Post a Comment