Friday, April 23, 2010

Hello Everyone, I Should Be Writing A Final Paper

It's the last week of classes here at TCNJ, and I am in the process of writing a 15-20 page paper about the Jews in the Habsburg and Ottoman Empires (well, I've clearly taken a not-so-well-deserved break...). I tend to write about the Jews a lot, if they had a minor in Jewish history I would probably opt for that. I can't really tell you how or why this interest arose.

Anyway, so I noticed that a few friends of mine had started blogging, and I really can't tell you what I plan to accomplish by making my own, but here we are. I titled it "Alhamdulillah", which is one of my favorite Arabic words. It is used in a variety of ways, but most basically it translates as "Praise to God". I am deeply blessed in my life and I love the Arabic language, so it combines two of my favorite things. I also opted for a pink background, because who needs more sadness in life by looking at dark, scary colors? I know I could use a pick-me-up. I'm taking a class entitled "Holocaust", enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment